How to get to the venue
The conference will be held in Petrozavodsk, Russia, located on the shore of Onega Lake. The conference will take place in the Institute of Applied Mathematical Research (marked on the map).
The most convenient and inexpensive way to come to Petrozavodsk is to take the train from Moscow or St. Petersburg. Information about the trains is presented below:
Moscow - Petrozavodsk
- No. 016A (recommended): 00:41 - 16:45 comfortable night train
- No. 018A (recommended): 21:02 - 08:55 comfortable night train
- No. 092A (recommended): 19:53 - 09:22 comfortable night train
- No. 242A: 16:20 – 08:00
- No. 286S: 23:11 – 11:40
- No. 294*S: 04:43 – 18:30
St. Petersburg – Petrozavodsk
- No. 804CH (recommended): 06:32 - 11:52 comfortable train with seats
- No. 016A (recommended): 09:50 - 16:45 comfortable day train
- No. 806CH (recommended): 18:00 - 22:55 comfortable train with seats
- No. 012A (recommended): 23:20 - 07:00 comfortable night train
- No. 242A: 01:30 – 08:00
- No. 022CH: 19:48 – 02:29
Detailed information on the trains is available on the website of the Russian Railways http://pass.rzd.ru/main-pass/public/en. There you can buy an electronic ticket.
S7 Airlines regularly operates flights from Moscow (Domodedovo Airport) to Petrozavodsk (Besovets Airport) and back. Thus, you can fly to Petrozavodsk with a transfer at Moscow from almost any city and any country. Information on flights is provided below:
Moscow – Petrozavodsk
- S7-259: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; 12:55 – 14:30
Petrozavodsk – Moscow
- S7-260: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; 15:10 – 16:55
The actual information about the availability and cost of tickets is available on a variety of aggregator websites, for example, http://skyscannner.ru, https://www.aviasales.ru, https://www.agent.ru, http://www.momondo.ru and others. There you can buy electronic tickets.
The schedule of buses from the airport to Petrozavodsk and back is available on the website http://ptz-trans.ru/interurban/aviation-inter_and_suburban/besovets-info/buses.html (in Russian). A taxi from the airport to Petrozavodsk or back can be called by phones:
- +7 (8142) 56-06-06
- +7 (8142) 66-66-66
- +7 (8142) 50-00-00
You can reach Petrozavodsk from Finland by bus, starting from Joensuu or other cities. The bus trip from Joensuu to Petrozavodsk takes around 7 hours, the price of the ticket is 1500 rubles (about 23 Euro). The latest information is available at http://ptz-trans.ru/interurban/intercity_buses.html (in Russian).
In case you need any assistance with planning your traveling, please do not hesitate to contact the local organizing committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Special room rates have been arranged for the participants of BOINC:FAST-2017 in the hotels "Park Inn by Radisson" and "Frigate". In order to use the discount, you have to specify the code word BOINC when booking your accomodation by phone or e-mail.
- Park Inn by Radisson, phone +7(8142)717071, e-mail email@example.com;
- Hotel "Frigate", phone +7(981)4105001, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apart from the hotels "Park Inn by Radisson" and "Frigate", the local organizing committee recommends to consider the following places to stay:
- Hotel "Severnaya": from 2030 Rbl (29 EUR) per night for a single room, from 2380 Rbl (34 EUR) per night for a double room;
- Hotel "Karelia" (4*): from 2850 Rbl (42 EUR) per night for a single room, from 3900 Rbl (58 EUR) per night for a double room;
- Hotel "Onego Palace" (4*): from 3563 Rbl (53 EUR) per night for a single room, from 4133 Rbl (61 EUR) per night for a double room;
- Boutique hotel "13 Chairs" (4*): from 2900 Rbl (43 EUR) per night for a single room, from 3610 Rbl (54 EUR) per night for a double room;
- Hotel "Gostepriimstvo" ("Hospitality"): from 2600 Rbl (39 EUR) per night for a single room, from 2980 Rbl (44 EUR) per night for a double room;
- Hostel "Friends": from 600 Rbl (9 EUR) per night for a bed;
- Capsule Hostel "Anchor Park": from 650 Rbl (10 EUR) per night for a bed.
The prices in Euro are given for the current exchange rate (67 Rbl for 1 Euro) and can change according to the change in exchange rate.
In case you need any additional information or assistance with planning your staying, please do not hesitate to contact the local organizing committee (email@example.com).